Desktop Control Hierarchy
From Xojo Documentation
The built-in controls have an inheritance hierarchy. The base class is called Control and it contains several common events, properties and methods. RectControl subclasses Control and adds additional events, properties and methods. Most desktop controls subclass RectControl, although a few have another subclass in between.
Below is a list of some of the common events, properties and methods that are available for UI controls.
- Called when the control is closing because the layout upon which it rests is closing.
- Called when the control is opening because the layout upon which it rests is opening. Use this to do any control initialization.
- The handle can be used to interface with OS APIs using the Declare command.
- The Index is used with Control Sets.
- The X and Y coordinates of the mouse cursor in points.
- The name of the control.
- When a control is on a PagePanel or TabPanel, this value indicates the panel on which it resides.
- Set to Public or Private. Private controls cannot be accessed outside the Window.
- Identifies the parent window of the control.
- Call this method to remove the control from the window.