From Xojo Documentation
| This item was deprecated in version 2019r2.
Please use Serial.Error as a replacement.
| This property is only available on macOS and Windows platforms.
For cross-platform compatibility, use ＃If...＃Endif with the Target... specifiers to make sure you will not attempt to use this property on an incompatible platform.
Contains the last known error in the Serial control.
Error class constants are as follows:
The following class constants can be used to test the LastErrorCode value.
|NoError||0||No error code.|
|PortNotFound||101||Port not found.|
|BreakCondition||103||Hardware detected a break condition. Usually due to a signal rate mismatch.|
|FramingError||104||Hardware detected a framing error. Occurs when the designated "start" and "stop" bits are not valid.|
LastErrorCode can be set as well as read. This is useful for subclassing a Serial.
Other Error Codes
There are many other platform-specific error codes that vary based on the operating system and version. Here are some links for further information:
- Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123
- Windows Vista: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771355(v=ws.10).aspx
- Linux: http://www.finalcog.com/c-error-codes-include-errno
- Linux: http://www-numi.fnal.gov/offline_software/srt_public_context/WebDocs/Errors/unix_system_errors.html
- macOS: http://osstatus.com/